Vacancy: Trustee Treasurer
Post Type: Voluntary
Date Required: ASAP
Kings Lynn Foodbank are urgently seeking a new Trustee “Treasurer”.
As a Trustee Treasurer you will be required to maintain an overview of the organisation’s financial
affairs focusing on maintaining the organisations financial viability and ensuring that proper financial
records and procedures are maintained.
Responsible to: Chairman and Trustees
1. To manage finances and to ensure all accounts are up to date and accurate.
2. To monitor, record and assign restricted funding to applicable charity expenditure.
3. To file receipts/invoices against charity expenditure.
4. To bank money received from any source promptly and monitor donations.
5. To present a financial update to each meeting of the Trustees/Management Team.
6. To ensure the annual accounts are examined and, once approved, filed with the Charities
7. To work with other Trustees on future developments and forecasts of expenditure.
The treasurer does not need to be a qualified accountant. However, some bookkeeping experience
would be of use. Anyone taking on the role would need to dedicate 1-2 hours per week to foodbank
matters with some busier periods requiring additional time. In the course of their duties the post
holder will need to communicate with the Bank, the charities commission and HMRC and may need
to interpret and act on guidance provided by these organisations.
Support in the Role:
We work with a local accountancy company who support us with any question pertaining to financial
matters. The same company also processes our payroll, pensions, examination of accounts and
You will be working with a fun, friendly, team who are all passionate about combating food poverty
in Kings Lynn. Recently we have reduced the responsibilities for the Treasurer role. Pensions and
Payroll have been outsourced and we use Sage Online for balancing accounts.
If you are interested in this role, please CLICK HERE to inquire.