Get Help

How to get help

If you have money, but are struggling to buy food due to self-isolation, please contact:
*Ask Lily - 01553 616200 select option 1, then option 4
*Norfolk Swift Response - 0344 800 8020 select option 1

If you need help from our foodbank you need to try and get a voucher

You can do this by contacting an appropriate local support agency.  If they feel you are struggling to put food on the table, they will issue you with a foodbank voucher.  The local agency can also provide long term support if needed to help address some of the issues behind the reasons for your crisis.

Agencies we work with are listed below.  Even though their offices may be closed due to the Coronavirus outbreak, you should still be able to contact them by phone to get a voucher.  If you are struggling to get hold of a local support agency, you can call 0808 2082138 for free to speak to a trained, independent Citizens Advice agent.  Their helpline is open Mon-Fri 10am-4pm.  You’ll be able to talk to an agent confidentially about your circumstances and if needed they’ll issue you with a foodbank voucher.

  • ACCESS (01553 773905)
  • Benjamin Foundation (01603 615670)
  • Break
  • Broadland Housing Association (0303 303 0003)
  • Change, Grow, Live
  • Children’s services
  • Citizen’s Advice Bureau (0808 2082138)
  • Crisis Team
  • Freebridge Housing Association (03332 404 444)
  • Genesis Housing
  • Health visitors
  • Homegroup
  • Mental Health Team West
  • MIND (0300 330 5488)
  • National Probation Service
  • Pandora Project
  • Purfleet Trust (01553 767829)
  • Social Services
  • St Giles Trust

If you are registered with one of the GP surgeries listed below, you may be able to obtain a voucher there – ring them and check, but please try other agencies first during the Coronavirus outbreak:

  • Bridge Street Surgery
  • Howdale Surgery
  • Southgates Medical Centre
  • St James Medical Practice
  • Vida Healthcare, Gayton Road Surgery
  • Vida Healthcare, St Augustine’s Surgery
  • Vida Healthcare, Carole Brown Health Centre
  • Vida Healthcare, Fairstead Surgery
  • Vida Healthcare, The Hollies Doctors Surgery, Downham Market
  • Watlington Medical Centre

You can also obtain a voucher from some local schools and churches

1. Get in touch with us.

If you call our foodbank we can talk through your situation and put you in touch with a relevant local agency.

2. Arrange a visit to the referral agency.

They will discuss your situation and supply you with a foodbank voucher where appropriate.

If you are in financial crisis and live in England or Wales, please call 0808 2082138 for free (open Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm) to talk confidentially with a trained Citizens Advice adviser. They can help address your crises and provide support to maximise your income, help you navigate the benefits system, and identify any additional grants you could be entitled to. If needed, they’ll issue you with a voucher so you can get an emergency food parcel from your local food bank.

3. Bring  your foodbank voucher to your nearest foodbank centre.

Click here to find out where we are and when we’re open!

When you arrive, we’ll welcome you with a warm drink and our trained volunteers will chat with you about your situation. We’ll also discuss any dietary needs you may have and exchange your foodbank voucher for a parcel of three days of emergency food. We’ll also help to signpost you in any other ways that we can. Our foodbank centres offer a cafe style environment and our aim is to provide non-judgemental support at the point of crisis.

If you have any further questions our FAQs page may help, or feel free to give us a call.


Back to Get Help